Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News:
Please Support Us!
Donate with PayPal!
November Goal: $40.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Gross Amount: $25.00
PayPal Fees: $1.58
Net Balance: $23.42
Below Goal: $16.58

©
59% 
November Donations
7th Anonymous $20.00
5th Anonymous $5.00
Linked Events
  • Dead Sea Scroll Lecture: October 04, 2006
  • Dead Sea Scrolls story: October 11, 2006
  • Dead Sea Scrolls lectures: October 18, 2006
  • Dead Sea Scrolls lectures: October 25, 2006
  • DNA and the Dead Sea Scrolls: November 01, 2006
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
Print
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: The Dead Sea Scrolls  (Read 3599 times)
Description: Probably the only contemporaneous records of early 'christianity'
Charles Gadda
Bronze Member

OfflineOffline

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2007, 07:19:37 PM »

Please note that the link to my article on the Christian fundamentalist affiliations of individuals involved in the San Diego exhibit has changed, it is now http://www.nowpublic.com/node/582470

In private correspondence, I have had some interesting responses to the article.  Some readers have questioned whether the religious affiliations of scholars are relevant.  In general I would be the last person to focus on personal issues of the sort, but the circumstances here are quite unique, involving as they do the exclusion of a group of researchers, including a series of Israeli archaeologists, the chairman of the Department of Jewish Thought at the Hebrew University, and a well-known historian of Jewish antiquity who has specifically stated that the "complex history of the Palestinian Jews on the eve of the First Revolt is being pushed aside in favor of a bizarre, Christologically colored thesis."

The question that necessarily arises is whether Weston Fields (see my article for details) arranged for the scrolls to come to San Diego under the condition that the researchers in question be excluded.  This is a basic ethical issue, and I believe it fully justifies the approach I have taken in my article.  In addition, a large sum of money from Stephen Spielberg's Holocaust fund was used to produce the film being shown at the museum; one can only assume that Spielberg was not fully aware of the surrounding circumstances or of the affililations of the individuals who produced the film.
logisticmosquito
Bronze Member

OfflineOffline

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2007, 03:02:07 AM »

The East was the South; Copper scroll study.

My theory is that the second copy of this scroll relates to the book of Isaiah, and a treasure room full of hidden scrolls. When the ark went missing, it's possible the original scrolls that were in it went missing as well. I am more inclined to believe the 'treasures' in the scroll had something to do with the price men had paid to obtain original scrolls or copies people said were from original scrolls.

My theory works off many different factors; To begin with the Essenes reigned within a time the Parthian reigned. The Parthian was also in the same territory of where originals journals from the ark may have gone in 586 BC. In my view the Essenes look like they might have actually been on the lookout to find the coming savior, Isaiah's Messiah. Taking the Liberty to try and bring a close to this story perhaps. So when somebody was chosen that might have potential, perhaps they were told of this treasure room of scrolls. If a man came forward and proclaimed to be the Messiah, perhaps these caves is where his spirit was tested. It is one thing to claim it, but another to come up empty with a key to understanding God and his word.
So one man while enduring this test of spirit wrote the copper scroll. As he looked out eastward he could easily imagine himself in this treasure room, even though he sat looking to the east of his cave at the Dead Sea. So if east is the south; then the mouth of the cave he sees himself in is to the north? What are the chances that the mouth of the cave he speaks of is in the south side of the hill/mountain?

Just a thought from the little book of Skeeter. Roll Eyes

"The wind blows through the trees, catches it's breath and gives it to me"
Fleamistress
Super Moderator
Silver Member

OfflineOffline

"How Kind of you to Have me here."

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2007, 04:29:01 AM »

Hi there!

I feel as though I ran into you somewhere, but can not remember where.

I'm especially dense tonight.  Could you help and tell me of which "copper scroll" you speak?

Regards,

Cyn

"Friend of any brave and galant outlaw."
Administration
Webmaster: History Hunters
Administrator
Gold Member

OfflineOffline

The Eyrie

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2007, 08:46:23 AM »

Our article: Copper Scroll
Also this post: The Dead Sea Scrolls

This is one of the great treasure mysteries.

logisticmosquito
Bronze Member

OfflineOffline

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2007, 01:12:13 PM »

Hi there!

I feel as though I ran into you somewhere, but can not remember where.

I'm especially dense tonight.  Could you help and tell me of which "copper scroll" you speak?

Regards,

Cyn
Can't say I can remember where you might have met me! But is there any other copper scroll but the one found at the dead sea caves?

"The wind blows through the trees, catches it's breath and gives it to me"
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
Print

Jump to: