Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News:
People of History
Winston_Churchill_%281874-1965%29_with_fianc%C3%A9e_Clementine_Hozier_%281885-1977%29_shortly_before_their_marriage_in_1908.jpg
YoungerMarx.JPG
winston-1896.jpg
FeisalPartyAtVersaillesCopy.jpg
badenpowell.jpg
tsarking1.jpg
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: A Stone Circle Discovered In Scotland Through Google Earth?  (Read 211 times)
Bart
Platinum Member

OfflineOffline

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2007, 04:42:07 AM »

A stone circle discovered through Google Earth?

Members of the German website Schottlandportal discovered with the help of Google Earth two interesting submerged structures near Loch Clickhimin, Shetland (Scotland). The most prominent of these structures may be a stone circle, while the other looks like a causeway, both dating back to Bronze Age. In ancient times the water level was probably much lower, so these stone settings could have been built originally on an isle.

The German webmasters got in contact with Scottish archaeologists, in order to make a closer check of the area, so to properly identify - if present - those ancient remains.

Source: Schottlandportal (28 February 2007)

Learning is a treasure which accompanies its owner everywhere.
Fleamistress
Super Moderator
Silver Member

OfflineOffline

"How Kind of you to Have me here."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 08:47:39 AM »

Bart,

I've been to Scotland several times.  I'd probably be living there if not for the sudden and tragic death of my dear friend, Bruce Stevenson, a spirit if there ever was one.  He was the last person in my life I could truly count on, and that was 9 years ago.

I miss you, Bruce.  I'm sure many people miss you.

Anyway, Scotland is amazing.  Stone circles, abbeys and castles, for e.g., are just sitting around there, unsupervised or barely so.

Thanksfor reminding me about Google Earth.  I'm going to revisit a place or two from the skye!
 Wink

Cyn

"Friend of any brave and galant outlaw."
Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: