Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News:
Please Support Us!
Donate with PayPal!
November Goal: $40.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Gross Amount: $5.00
PayPal Fees: $0.50
Net Balance: $4.50
Below Goal: $35.50

©
 11%
November Donations
5th Anonymous $5.00
Militaria Gallery
ps336547.jpg
ps319034.jpg
2006120317550401.jpg
db_sap01_cvl00005_p1.jpg
metallurgy_1.jpg
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: History Channel-Secret Societies  (Read 770 times)
Bart
Platinum Member

OnlineOnline

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2007, 09:20:19 PM »

History Channel-Secret Societies

(David Icke)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1270081493781521177&q=history

Learning is a treasure which accompanies its owner everywhere.
Solomon
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 11:58:51 PM »

David Icke is a well-known character in Britain.

David Icke
David Vaughan Icke (pronounced "IKE" /aɪk/) (born April 29, 1952) is a British writer. A former professional football player, reporter, television sports presenter, and spokesman for the Green Party, he has devoted himself since 1990 to researching "who and what is really controlling the world." [1] He is the author of 20 books explaining his views.

Icke argues that he has developed a moral and political worldview that combines New Age spiritualism with a passionate denunciation of what he sees as totalitarian trends in the modern world. His views have been described as "New Age conspiracism." [2]

At the heart of Icke's theories is the view that the world is ruled by a secret group called the "Global Elite" or "Illuminati," which he has linked to The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, an anti-Semitic hoax.[3][4] In 1999, he published The Biggest Secret, in which he wrote that the Illuminati are a race of reptilian humanoids known as the Babylonian Brotherhood, and that many prominent figures are reptilian, including George W. Bush, Queen Elizabeth II, Kris Kristofferson, and Boxcar Willie. [3][5]

According to Political Research Associates, Icke's ideas are popular in Canada, where the New Age aspect of his philosophy overshadows his more controversial beliefs. [6] During an October 1999 speaking tour there, he received a standing ovation from students after a five-hour speech at the University of Toronto, [7] while his books were removed from the shelves of Indigo Books across Ontario after protests from the Canadian Jewish Congress. [8]

Notes
1 "From BBC to PCT", UK-Sceptics, retrieved May 22, 2006.
2 Barkun, Michael. A Culture of Conspiracy: Apocalyptic Visions in Contemporary America, Comparative Studies in Religion and Society, University of California Press, 2003, p. 103.
3 a b c Offley, Will. "Selected Quotes Of David Icke", PublicEye.org, Political Research Associates, February 23, 2000
4 a b c d e f g Honigsbaum, Mark. "The Dark Side of David Icke", London Evening Standard, May 26, 1995.
5 a b Ronson, Jon. "Beset by lizards, part one", an extract from Ronson's book, Them: Adventures with Extremists, The Guardian, March 17, 2001.
6 Offley, Will. "David Icke And The Politics Of Madness: Where The New Age Meets The Third Reich", PublicEye.org, Political Research Associates, February 29, 2000.
7 a b c d e Jabbari, Dorsa. "U of T provides accused anti-Semite with mike", Varsity News, October 12, 1999
8 a b Kraft, Frances. "New Age speaker set to talk in Toronto", The Canadian Jewish News, October 7, 1999.

I do not know his state of mental health, which some question. I have not studied his thoughts in any detail.

In my studying the logical consequences of Eisenman's interpretation of the Dead Sea Scrolls and their impact on the study of early Christianity, I have seen mention of David Icke and his view of how this religion came into existance.

Bible conspiracy theory: New Testament
Per David Icke the Bible, especially the New Testament, is a fabrication of the Roman Emperors to pacify a rebellious Judea, who subsequently edited the Old Testament ex post facto to prophesize about the Roman invented Jesus myth.

As I wrote elsewhere, it took me decades to reach the question: who in Rome invented Christianity? I am still khocking on that particular door and I find very little help in the academic world. David Icke offers a complete answer: the Calpurnius Piso family.

Gaius Calpurnius Piso
Gaius Calpurnius Piso was a Roman statesman, orator and patron of literature in the 1st century. He is known chiefly for his share in the conspiracy of 65 CE against Nero.

He was one of the most popular men in Rome, partly for his skill in poetry and music, partly for his love of luxury and generosity. It is probably he who is referred to by Calpurnius Siculus under the name of Meliboeus, and he is the subject of the panegyric De laude Pisonis.

References
This article incorporates text from the Encyclop?dia Britannica Eleventh Edition, a publication now in the public domain.
Works by Theodor Mommsen at Project Gutenberg The History of Rome, Book IV

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus
Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus was a statesman of ancient Rome and the father-in-law of Gaius Julius Caesar.

In 58 BCE, when the consul, he and his colleague, Aulus Gabinius, entered into a compact with Publius Clodius, with the object of getting Marcus Tullius Cicero out of the way. Piso's reward was the province of Macedonia, which he administered from 57 BCE to the beginning of 55 BCE, when he was recalled. Piso's recall was perhaps in consequence of the violent attack made upon him by Cicero in the Senate in his speech De provinciis consularibus.

On his return, Piso addressed the Senate in his defence, and Cicero replied with the coarse and exaggerated invective known as In Pisonem. Piso issued a pamphlet by way of rejoinder, and there the matter ended. Cicero may have been afraid to bring the father-in-law of Julius Caesar to trial. At the outbreak of the civil war, Piso offered his services as mediator. However, when Caesar marched upon Rome, he left the city by way of protest. Piso did not openly declare for Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus but remained neutral and did not forfeit the respect of Caesar.

After the murder of Caesar, Piso insisted on the provisions of Caesar's will being strictly carried out and, for a time, he opposed Marcus Antonius. Subsequently, he became one of Anthony's supporters and is mentioned as taking part in an embassy to Antony's camp at Mutina with the object of bringing about a reconciliation with Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus.

He is believed to have been the owner of the 'Villa of the Papyri' at Herculaneum.

The maxim fiat justitia, ruat coelum ("Let justice be done, though the heavens fall"), used by Lord Mansfield in the James Somersett case and by Ferdinand of Habsburg, is attributed to Piso.

In my view, Icke may be right in this matter. There is a (good) argument that the conspiracy against Nero involved Herodians such as Saul/Paul and Josephus and others. Somebody in Rome wrote the NT texts and it could have been members of this group as well as anybody: I do not know.

Here is a rational account of how Piso connects the Nero assassination with the invention of Christianity:
...there was nothing between years 1 and 60, for a very good reason.  Nothing had occurred historically.  It was all a story that had more to do with trying to subvert the Judean rebellion starting around the year 60.  We should keep in mind that the Flavians shared an ancestry with the Piso family.  As much as we may not like the name "Piso", Julius Caesar's wife bore that name.  Julius Caesar owed his fortune to Crassus, and to the Pisos who were allied with Crassus.  The marriage cemented Caesar's relationship with the Pisos, who he then conquered after enjoying their patrimony.  I think it is very likely that the Pisos had it in for the Julian line of emperors starting in 44 BCE, when they participated in his assassination, and eventually they evolved this propaganda piece that was introduced at about the same time as the Pisonian Conspiracy, and the torching of Rome.

As I understand it, Ur Marcus was the first book, and it was promoted by Gaius Calpurnius Piso who was identified with the conspiracy and was ordered to commit suicide by Nero.  This is where the Arrius Calpurnius Piso relative appears.  Who was he?  Did he exist?  Was he perhaps Flavius Josephus?  Something needs to account for the fact that Christians, or unnamed conspirators, were plagueing Nero, so it is hard to say that Titus invented the religion.  I think it makes sense that Titus picked up the story line and collaborated with Josephus to create his self-aggrandizing history as well as the soft-messiah religion.

I think that Piso Theory meshes with the Flavian Hypothesis by reminding us that the family that produced Titus and Domitian also included the Piso lineage, and no understanding of the origins of Christianity will be complete unless the betrayal of the Pisos by Julius Caesar is taken into account.

Solomon
Bart
Platinum Member

OnlineOnline

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 12:52:25 AM »

No! Boxcar Willie a reptilian? Not that, anything but that, I am devastated.

- Bart

Administration
Webmaster: History Hunters
Administrator
Gold Member

OfflineOffline

The Eyrie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 01:24:22 AM »

No! Boxcar Willie a reptilian? Not that, anything but that, I am devastated.

- Bart
Cheesy
For a former goalkeeper, it is somewhat surprising how prone Icke is to scoring 'own goals'.

Bart
Platinum Member

OnlineOnline

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 02:55:25 AM »

The arguments were unconvincing. One side saying it is so, the other side saying nay, just doesn't make the case and allows for belief based upon strength of supposition. Two sides discussing the reasons why a silent third party does or did something is not going to produce much of anything in the way of facts. The only point that struck me was made by the lady very late in the clip. She asked why journalists would not report on a ceratin annual meeting that was attended by people they otherwise report on every day. While in itself it is odd, it neither proves nor disproves a thing.

- Bart

Solomon
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 05:32:27 PM »

How the media treats the Bilderberg Group is interesting to follow. Not only does the news media routinely ignore the group's activities, but there have been high-profile cases of journalists being punished for trying to report them.

Does this mean that the Bilderbergers rule the world? Not in my book, though: (1) some of its members may like to and (2) some of its members like to pose conspiratorily.

Origin and purpose of the first annual conference
The original Bilderberg conference was held at the Hotel de Bilderberg, near Arnhem, from May 29 to May 30, 1954. The meeting was initiated by Polish emigre and political adviser, Joseph Retinger. Concerned about the growth of anti-Americanism in Western Europe, he proposed an international conference at which leaders from European countries and the United States would be brought together with the aim of promoting understanding between the cultures of United States of America and Western Europe.

Retinger approached Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands, who agreed to promote the idea, together with Belgian Prime Minister Paul Van Zeeland. The guest list was to be drawn up by inviting two attendees from each nation, one each to represent conservative and liberal (both terms used in the American sense) points of view.

Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld
Postwar roles
After the war the position of Inspector General was created for the Prince. He was made a member of the board of supervisors of Fokker Aircraft, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, and within a few years was invited to serve as an advisor or non-executive director of numerous corporations and institutions. After a 1952 trip with Queen Juliana to the United States, Prince Bernhard was heralded by the media as a business ambassador extraordinaire for the Netherlands. With his global contacts, in May 1954 he was a key figure in organising a meeting at the Bilderberg Hotel in the Netherlands for the business elite and intellectuals of the Western World to discuss the economic problems in the face of the then growing threat from communism. As a result of the success of this first meeting, it would become an annual affair known as the Bilderberg Group. The idea for the European Union, first proposed by Robert Schuman on May 9, 1950, was encouraged at Bilderberg.

Scandals
By the 1970s, Prince Bernhard served on more than 300 corporate boards or committees worldwide and was loudly praised in the Netherlands for his very active efforts to promote the economic well-being of the country. But scandal rocked the Royal family in 1976 when it was revealed that Prince Bernhard had accepted a US$1.1 million bribe from U.S. aircraft manufacturer, Lockheed Corporation to influence the Dutch government's purchase of fighter aircraft. Prime Minister of the Netherlands Joop den Uyl ordered an inquiry into the affair while Prince Bernhard refused to answer reporters' questions, stating: "I am above such things." [1]The Dutch and international press headlined the stories for months, providing proof of Prince Bernhard's German SS participation and his numerous extra-marital affairs, including the purchase of a luxurious Paris apartment for his mistress Helene Grinda, with whom he had an illegitimate daughter, Alexia. (Bernhard has a second illegitimate daughter, Alicia, in the USA.)

On August 26, 1976, a toned-down, but nonetheless devastating, report on Prince Bernhard's activities was released to a shocked Dutch public. The Prince's own letter in 1974 to Lockheed Corporation that demanded "commissions" be paid to him on Dutch government aircraft purchases was damaging evidence of improper conduct. Criminal charges were not laid by the government due to threats by Queen Juliana that she would abdicate if her husband were prosecuted.

Prince Bernhard resigned as Inspector-General of the Dutch armed forces and agreed, although he was given an "honourable discharge", not to wear his uniforms. Prince Bernhard did wear his uniform at the funeral of Lord Mountbatten of Burma and at a D-day commemoration. The prince was evenually laid to rest in his Royal Dutch Air Force uniform.

The Prime Minister, Joop den Uyl made a statement in Parliament and told the delegates that the prince would also resign from his various high profile positions in businesses, charities, and other institutions. The States-General voted against criminal prosecution. Prince Bernhard turned over presidency of the international World Wildlife Fund to the British Duke of Edinburgh. The Dutch Royal family worked hard to rehabilitate the Prince's name, but other scandals were to be revealed in later years.

In 1988, Prince Bernhard and Princess Juliana sold two paintings from their personal collection to raise money for the World Wildlife Fund. The paintings sold for GBP700 000, which was deposited in a Swiss WWF bank account. In 1989, however, Charles de Haes, director-general of the WWF, transferred GBP500 000 back to Bernhard, for what De Haes called a private project. In 1991, newspapers reported what this private project was: Prince Bernhard had hired mercenaries - mostly British - to fight against poachers in nature reserves. The paramilitary group infiltrated organisations profiting from illegal trade in ivory in order to arrest them.

This 'Project Lock', as it was called, seemed to have backfired enormously, however. The "private army" of Bernhard had not only infiltrated in the illegal trade, they were also participating in it. To make things worse, Irish reporter Kevin Dowling discovered that the South-African army was also involved in the trade, hinting at connections between the army of Bernhard and the WWF and the struggle for maintaining apartheid. Moreover, he claimed members of the South-African run counterinsurgency unit Koevoet (Afrikaans/Dutch for "crowbar"), responsible for the Boipatong massacre in 1992, were trained under Project Lock.

In 1995, Nelson Mandela called upon the Kumleben Commission to investigate, among other things, the role of the WWF in apartheid South Africa. In the report that followed, it was suggested that mercenaries from Project Lock had been planning assassinations of ANC members and that mercenaries had been running training camps in the wildlife reserves, training fighters from the terrorist groups UNITA and Renamo. Although Prince Bernhard was never accused of any crime in its context, the Project Lock scandal dealt another damaging blow to the Prince's name.

The Prince is also alleged to have sent a letter to Adolf Hitler offering the Prince's support in exchange for Hitler's support of Bernhard as stadtholder of the occupied Netherlands. These allegations have never been substantiated and no letter has ever been discovered.

Regarding the other name mentioned, that of Joseph Retinger, Stephen Dorril revealed 'MI6: Fifty Years of Special Operations' (Fourth Estate, London, 2000) that Retinger was an MI6 asset.

Henry Kissinger has attended a number of the group's meetings and can fairly be considered a member.

The Anti-Defamation League:
Debunking the Bilderberg Myth
Deriving its name from the Dutch hotel where it first met in 1954, the Bilderberg group is an actual, legitimate entity whose members consist of approximately 100 influential European and American figures in politics, business and academia who meet annually to discuss and advocate political, diplomatic and economic policies.

How would the ADL know the legitimacy or otherwise of the activities of this group? And why should it want to reassure us?

It is a fact that history is littered with conspiracies, some of which worked as planned and others not. Are students of modern history taught which political events post-1945 were inspired by a conspiracy?

When just a lad, I listened in (at home) to a conspiracy to otherthrow the UK government. The attempted coup d'etat was stopped, but only just.

Since then, I took part in a number of official (i.e. government-sponsored) conspiracies to direct nations and even continental regions. That is the way of the world.

David Icke is, I hope, wrong about lizards ruling the world. But he is coming from the right place: to be deeply suspicious of officialdom, closed doors, money and power.

Solomon
Bart
Platinum Member

OnlineOnline

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 08:16:08 PM »

You just have to love the imagination at work here, anything is possible, probable, and likely. Like the UFO crowd, there are no limits. After checking my list twice, I find they haven't left anyone out. Note, reptilians are always linked with UFO's.

- Bart
"The High Priests of Globalisation"
Transatlantic power ?lite's secret Bilderberg conferences & state terrorism research - news & Bilderberg discussion forum from Bristol, England
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke - Bristol MP from 1774 to 1780 * First they came for the Muslims, Then they came for the unembedded journalists* Bush and Himmler's  Brotherhood of Death * Bilderberg 2007 in Istanbul from May 31st to Jun 3rd 2007 * Is Prince Charles the Antichrist? Messianic Jew Tim Cohen thinks so! * Israeli Army and gangsters with access to entire London * Underground network - Royal Navy try to provoke nuclear war with Iran * Latest bulletin - Prince Charles' admiration for Nazi architect who lied at Nurenberg * It's Back! BBC Radio 4's 2003 Bilderberg Documentary 9Mb-3Mb (but the BBC mention neither freemasons nor Nazi connections) * Bilderberg/Freemasons/Bohemian Grove documentary * Why did BBC World & News 24 announce WTC7 was going to 'collapse due to fire' before it happened? * BBC's Death of David Kelly * My latest bulletin * THE BB Forum - Stop Iran invasion here - Rooting out evil: how to test the spirit - Prisoner Number Three - Prince Charles has a Phoenix on a column in his back garden ...more *Bristol's masonic royal arch 'synagogue of satan?' in colour * Princess Diana confronts Camilla ! in her own words ! * The European Royals & anti-christ links page - EU crooks & a 'Puzzy whipped' German Commissioner * Project for the Exposure of Hidden Institutions: The Pilgrims Society - Listen to 911 hero William Rodriguez * Diggers film - Bilderberger's frightfully boring blog * Ex-MI5 counterintelligence officer exposes NATO black ops. on Sky News * Bilderbergers Sutherland and Kissinger appointed advisers to the pope * Diabolical Bavarian pope foments religious hatred * Skull and Bones lodge in Cambridge, UK? * MI5's 'Bullying-Manner' okays far right/CIA entrapment of innocent people in UK * Secrets & lies: Bilderberg scrutinised in Commons and Lords * Bild Zeitung: German NATO troops desecrate human graves in Neo-Nazi 'Totenkopf Skandal' * War & black magic special: Dennis Wheatley: Magic and the Fate of Nations * George Bruce: Nazi black magic & the anti-christ order * Stephen Knight: Is freemasonry satanic?

Solomon
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 09:35:44 PM »

Maybe conspiracists deserve their bad press. Obsession and the exercise of an over-active imagination are unattractive.

I try to be careful, though, to not dismiss everything out of hand.

Conspiring is a natural function of politics and few conspirators write text books on how they went about their business.

Looking down that list, some items appear to me to raise legitimate questions. Two examples:

David Kelly
Dark Actors at the Scene of David Kelly's Death
MP to investigate Dr Kelly's death
David Kelly Death - paramedics query verdict

Diana

Towards the end of WW2, when the British Army was moving to occupy Germany, the government set up an assassination squad to dole out 'justice' to those too unimportant to put on trial. Members of this unit continued their work for decades after. The lead assassin retired to the USA.

Public investigations into the activities of the police and army in Ulster have revealed a policy of assassination. This is in the public record, as is the refusal of many officers of the crown to testify.

For a student of politics, this creates a severe problem: how to interpret current events when much is unknown and the subject is so tainted that even looking at it brings odium? We should not be surprised that those who do dare to enter are either unbalanced, or presented in a negative light.

It is also a fact that if any area of public activity is seen as a public menace, that it will likely be infiltrated. In the days of the Cold War, some fringe political groups were penetrated so thoroughly that there was often a risk that they would be dominated by agents provocateurs.

Maybe David Icke is such an agent. Unfortunately, if he told us so, we would likely not believe him. There lies the irony.

Maybe we are not ruled by reptiles, but sometimes the behaviour of some of our leaders appears to me to be reptilian.

Solomon
Bart
Platinum Member

OnlineOnline

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 07:26:46 AM »

Here is a quote that should raise some eyebrows, if it is indeed accurate. That must first be verified. Presuming at this point it is true, it appears the author is speaking as a member, spokesman, or leader of the Bilderberger group. The site, listed below the quote, does not give a date or context for the quote. If all the ducks line up here, then it is quite obvious that this is an admission of an unlawful, and perhaps treasonous  conspiracy.

- Bart

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries." -- David Rockefeller

http://www.jeremiahproject.com/newworldorder/nworder04.html

Solomon
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 07:36:08 PM »

David Rockefeller has been and is in a position to refute or correct the quote, which he has not done, to the best of my knowledge.

David Rockefeller
Bilderberg and Trilateral Commission

A lifelong committed globalist ('world citizen'), due to the strong influence of his father, he had at an early age further spread his connections when he was invited to attend the inaugural (and subsequently highly influential) Bilderberg Group meetings, starting with the Holland gathering in 1954. He has been a consistent attendee through the decades and has been a member of the "steering committee", which determines the invitation list for the upcoming annual meetings. These have frequently included prominent national figures who have gone on to be elected as political leaders of their respective countries.

Rockefeller maintains that, although Bilderberg's role is not to resolve disputes, because of the wide-ranging experience of the various attendees participants are 'free to report on what they have heard' to their respective heads of government.[36]

It was a dissatisfaction with the failure of this group to include Japan that subsequently led to him forming the Trilateral Commission (TC) in July 1973, influenced by, among others, Zbigniew Brzezinski, the National Security Advisor under Carter and the author of Between Two Ages: America's Role in the Technetronic Era, published in 1970. They discussed forming the organization at a Bilderberg Group meeting in Belgium in 1972; Brzezinski subsequently became the inaugural US director. The Commission also launched its own magazine, the Trialogue.

It held the founding session of its Executive Committee in Tokyo in October, 1973. In May 1975, the first plenary meeting of all of the Commission's regional groups ? North America, Europe and Japan, comprising some 300 members ? took place in Kyoto. In its Third Annual Report, released in mid-1976, the Commission noted that there was a "noticeably increased emphasis on trilateral ties as the cornerstone of American foreign policy".[37]

This Commission was to come under media scrutiny (and become the focus ever after of conspiracy theorists) when it was later disclosed that Carter appointed 26 former Commission members (who must resign before taking up government positions) to senior positions in his Administration. Moreover, it also came out that Carter himself was a former Trilateral member. (The Clinton Administration, by contrast, had close to a dozen Commission members, including Clinton himself; both Gerald Ford and George Bush Sr were also Trilateralists.)[38]

An important aspect of the Commission is their delegations visiting foreign leaders. In 1989, to cite just one instance, Rockefeller visited the then USSR at the head of a high-powered Commission delegation which included Henry Kissinger, former French President Giscard d'Estaing, former Japanese Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone, and William Hyland, editor of the CFR's prestigious journal Foreign Affairs. In their meeting with Mikhail Gorbachev, the delegation sought and received an explanation on how the USSR would integrate into the world economy. The information thus gained through such delegations is then relayed back in reports to both the TC members and, where appropriate, to US political leaders.[39]

Notes
36 Involvement with Bilderberg - Ibid., (p.411-12)
37 Details of the founding of the TC - see Banyan, The Proud Internationalist, op.cit., (pp.48-50)
38 Members of Trilateral Commission - Ibid., (pp.417-18)
39 Foreign TC delegation visits Gorbachev in 1989 - see Will Banyan The Proud Internationalist, op. cit., (pp.17-18)

Quotations
The journalist Bill Moyers, a former speechwriter for president Johnson, in his 1980 TV special, The World of David Rockefeller, described the plutocrat respectively as "the unelected if indisputable chairman of the American Establishment" and "one of the most powerful, influential and richest men in America", who "sits at the hub of a vast network of financiers, industrialists and politicians whose reach encircles the globe." - Will Banyan, 2006, (p.9).

"For more than a century, ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents such as my encounter with Castro to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - one world, if you will. If that is the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it." - From Rockefeller's "Memoirs", (p.405).

I am neither for nor against a 'One World' political order. It does seem, though, that this chap is very much 'for'.

Solomon
Solomon
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 09:10:47 PM »

Bilderberg 2007 in Istanbul - May 31-Jun 03
Klassis Hotel in Silivri, 40 miles west of Istanbul on the Marmara Sea.

George Alogoskoufis, Minister of Economy and Finance (Greece)
Ali Babacan, Minister of Economic Affairs (Turkey)
Edward Balls, Economic Secretary to the Treasury (UK)
Francisco Pinto Balsem?o, Chairman and CEO, IMPRESA, S.G.P.S.
Former Prime Minister (Portugal) Jos? M. Dur?o Barroso, President, European Commission (Portugal/ International)
Franco Bernab?, Vice Chariman, Rothschild Europe (Italy)
Nicolas Beytout, Editor-in-Chief, Le Figaro (France)
Carl Bildt, Former Prime Minister (Sweden)
Hubert Burda, Publisher and CEO, Hubert Burda Media Holding (Belgium)
Philippe Camus, CEO, EADS (France)
Henri de Castries, Chairman of the Management Board and CEO, AXA (France)
Juan Luis Cebrian, Grupo PRISA media group (Spain)
Kenneth Clark, Member of Parliament (UK)
Timothy C. Collins, Senior Managing Director and CEO, Ripplewood Holdings, LLC (USA)
Bertrand Collomb, Chairman, Lafarge (France)
George A. David, Chairman, Coca-Cola H.B.C. S.A. (USA)
Kemal Dervis, Administrator, UNDP (Turkey)
Anders Eldrup, President, DONG A/S (Denmark)
John Elkann, Vice Chairman, Fiat S.p.A (Italy)
Martin S. Feldstein, President and CEO, National Bureau of Economic Research (USA)
Timothy F. Geithner, President and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of New York (USA)
Paul A. Gigot, Editor of the Editorial Page, The Wall Street Journal (USA)
Dermot Gleeson, Chairman, AIB Group (Ireland)
Donald E. Graham, Chairman and CEO, The Washington Post Company (USA)
Victor Halberstadt, Professor of Economics, Leiden University
Former Honorary Secretary General of Bilderberg Meetings (the Netherlands)
Jean-Pierre Hansen, CEO, Suez-Tractebel S.A. (Belgium)
Richard N. Haass, President, Council on Foreign Relations (USA)
Richard C. Holbrooke, Vice Chairman, Perseus, LLC (USA)
Jaap G. Hoop de Scheffer, Secretary General, NATO (the Netherlands/ International)
Allan B. Hubbard, Assistant to the President for Economic Policy, Director National Economic Council (USA)
Josef Joffe, Publisher-Editor, Die Zeit (Germany)
James A. Johnson, Vice Chairman, Perseus, LLC (USA)
Vernon E. Jordan, Jr., Senior Managing Director, Lazard Fr?res & Co. LLC (USA)
Anatole Kaletsky, Editor at Large, The Times (UK)
John Kerr of Kinlochard, Deputy Chairman, Royal Dutch Shell plc (the Netherlands)
Henry A. Kissinger, Chairman, Kissinger Associates (USA)
Mustafa V. Ko?, Chariman, Ko? Holding A.S. (Turkey)
Fehmi Koru, Senior Writer, Yeni Safek (Turkey)
Bernard Kouchner, Minister of Foreign Affairs (France)
Henry R. Kravis, Founding Partner, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (USA)
Marie-Jos?e Kravis, Senior Fellow, Hudson Institute, Inc. (USA)
Neelie Kroes, Commissioner, European Commission (the Netherlands/ International); Ed Kronenburg, Director of the Private Office, NATO Headquarters (International)
William J. Luti, Special Assistant to the President for Defense Policy and Strategy, National Security Council (USA)
Jessica T. Mathews, President, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (USA)
Frank McKenna, Ambassador to the US, member Carlyle Group (Canada)
Thierry de Montbrial, President, French Institute for International Relations (France)
Mario Monti, President, Universita Commerciale Luigi Bocconi (Italy)
Craig J. Mundie, Chief Technical Officer Advanced Strategies and Policy, Microsoft Corporation (USA)
Egil Myklebust, Chairman of the Board of Directors SAS, Norsk Hydro ASA (Norway)
Matthias Nass, Deputy Editor, Die Zeit (Germany)
Adnrzej Olechowski, Leader Civic Platform (Poland)
Jorma Ollila, Chairman, Royal Dutch Shell plc/Nokia (Finland)
George Osborne, Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer (UK)
Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa, Minister of Finance (Italy)
Richard N. Perle, Resident Fellow, American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research (USA)
Heather Reisman, Chair and CEO, Indigo Books & Music Inc. (Canada)
David Rockefeller (USA)
Mat?as Rodriguez Inciarte, Executive Vice Chairman, Grupo Santander Bank, (Spain)
Dennis B. Ross, Director, Washington Institute for Near East Policy (USA)
Otto Schily, Former Minister of Interior Affairs
Member of Parliament; Member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs (Germany)
J?rgen E. Schrempp, Former Chairman of the Board of Management, DaimlerChrysler AG (Germany)
T?ger Seidenfaden, Executive Editor-in-Chief, Politiken (Denmark)
Peter D. Sutherland, Chairman, BP plc and Chairman, Goldman Sachs International (Ireland)
Giulio Tremonti, Vice President of the Chamber of Deputies (Italy)
Jean-Claude Trichet, Governor, European Central Bank (France/ International)
John Vinocur, Senior Correspondent, International Herald Tribune (USA)
Jacob Wallenberg, Chairman, Investor AB (Sweden)
Martin H. Wolf, Associate Editor and Economics Commentator, The Financial Times (UK)
James D. Wolfensohn, Special Envoy for the Gaza Disengagement (USA)
Robert B. Zoellick, Deputy Secretary of State (USA)
Klaus Zumwinkel, Chairman of the Board of Management, Deutsche Post AG (USA)
Adrian D. Wooldridge, Foreign Correspondent, The Economist

I will add later personal notes on some of these attendees.

Solomon
Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: