Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Print
Current Topic Rating: ****
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: The Jesuits. You asked for proof, here it is!  (Read 3900 times)
IHS333
Bronze Member

OfflineOffline

James 3.13

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 11, 2007, 04:12:13 AM »

Ola respected azstomper, greetings:

Thank you for the date and time information of the photo.  When dealing with sun shadows the time of day is very important, and certain specific dates also can be important.  I must tell you truthfully, in my considered opinion, that your clock time for viewing a true shadow marking does not subscribe to Jesuit recommendation of the 1700s.  Perhaps it subscribes to some other recommendation that I am not aware of, but it is not attributable to the Jesuits.

V.R.
IHS333

IHS333
azstomper
Bronze Member

OfflineOffline

Retracing the past...one marker at a time...

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 11, 2007, 04:30:47 AM »

I forget if you have my email addy or not....i'll continue the conversation via email with diff pics and what not if you desire...

The pic in question has not been worked out as of yet and the photo was taken without knowledge of the sun sign being present until much later....

The site itself is a mixture of castilian and jesuit trails and markers....

Did i email you a pic of the hand?

Do you have messenger or yahoo?

DW
IHS333
Bronze Member

OfflineOffline

James 3.13

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 11, 2007, 04:39:49 AM »

Ola respected azstomper, greetings once again:

No, I did not receive a photo of a hand, be it rock carving or shadow sign.

Yes, I do have a Yahoo account.  However, I prefer to confine this Forum's business to this site.

V.R.
IHS333

IHS333
azstomper
Bronze Member

OfflineOffline

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2007, 04:48:15 AM »

Not a problem sir. However i do not wish to post further pictures until i have the upper hand on this area and avoid getting squished....otherwise i would share and continue this conversation further. Please do not take offense as none is meant.

DW
Administration
Webmaster: History Hunters
Administrator
Gold Member

OnlineOnline

The Eyrie

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 11, 2007, 07:35:14 AM »

Sharing Private Images
It is possible in our Gallery to create a member album and set a password to it before uploading images. I would suggest testing this before posting sensitive material. The method would be to create a member album with password, upload a test image and then provide the password to a member and have them try to view the image with and without applying the password.

I hope this may be helpful.

Admin

Fleamistress
Super Moderator
Silver Member

OfflineOffline

"How Kind of you to Have me here."

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2007, 06:26:41 AM »

Ola, Respected azstomper, greetings:

There are shadows, and then there are shadows.  Could you please tell us at what time of the day that the photo was taken, and also the day and the month?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

V.R.
IHS333

Ola, Dearest IHS333,

Thank you for bringing up a point that I have been meaning to ask Wopper:

How is it that one can be in the right place at the right time  (e.g. solstices) over an area of presumably miles, and photograph, never mind discover, a quantity of such markers, in, say, a 10 year period?  (Unless of course they aren't date related--such as your "Solstice Stone.")

And Dear Stomper, what is an "upper hand?"  Also "squished?"  HuhHuh  (I can't imagine you being squished by anything.  Grin  )

Regards,

Cyn

"Friend of any brave and galant outlaw."
Tayopa
Palladium Member

OfflineOffline

"I exist to live, not live to exist"

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 14, 2007, 07:27:30 AM »

ALLO Ladies & Gentlemen:  After a long, and probably welcomed on your part, absence, the proverbial black sheep has returned, Rejoice Ye faithful and give thanks, let the poor fatted calf be sacrificed. Let there be dancing and merry making.

Since it is very late, I will only say ."After spending a bit of time reviewing the posts, I have come to the conclusion that most have missed an obvious point which was posted at the start. The mission Jesuits did not mine as such.

It has been hinted that perhaps there were two parallel groups of the Jesuits in operation.  One the Mission Priests who feasted or starved with his flock.  The other, the Mining  Jesuits, the professional business Jesuits -Miners- that were involved in the actual mining, not the mission Priests.

This group did not wear the traditional garb of the mission Jesuits, but the clothing of the  general populace. In all ways they apparently were absorbed into the civilian populace and did not associate with the mission Jesuits.

It was admitted to my present associate, while in a closed audience with the then no.2 of the Jesuit society ,  "yes, we were involved with the take over of the North Americas from Spain with the collaboration the Dutch, however we don't do that sort of thing any more".

Since any revolt takes a tremendous amount of money, the Society engaged in mining.  Being the representatives of the Lord,  they easily convinced the Native population to show them any evidence of mineralization, so had first chance for the best properties.

Moving the mined metal to Europe clandestinely  resulted in establishing the leap frog system of using small missions one day apart to move it to Matamorros, then to Rome.

Don Jose de La Mancha   alias   Till Eulenspiegel
Fleamistress
Super Moderator
Silver Member

OfflineOffline

"How Kind of you to Have me here."

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 14, 2007, 08:57:48 AM »

Tapioca,

Your manic salutation leads me to believe that things are well on your end!

Oorah!

Cyn

"Friend of any brave and galant outlaw."
Tayopa
Palladium Member

OfflineOffline

"I exist to live, not live to exist"

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2007, 05:30:52 AM »

allo  mi flea loving gal : Nah, everything is normal, just that life can be worth living, no? Think of all of the unknown and lost things out there that are just waiting to be rediscoverwed and history to be rewritten.  The idea that one can actually be there and participate is an exhilarating experience.

If it wouldn't shake the hallowed halls and dignity of my loved HH , I would send you an undignified smooch   Kiss  ,  also to shoily and all of my other  HH friends.

Glad to be back, and am now ready to cross foils??  no, sabers with you all. (doc knows foil usage, but not sabres.)

Don Jose de La mancha

azstomper
Bronze Member

OfflineOffline

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2007, 04:51:01 PM »

Cyn...by upperhand i mean having a firm understanding of what the individual markers mean as to prevent a nasty accident that would end my hobby of following the markers for ever....as the death traps i have had the chance to find and study are nothing to be trifled with and they must be given the utmost respect...and since there are zero references available that come to mind...i still spend all the time i can hiking the area, taking pics to review later...sitting on a rock looking thru glasses or just studying....so i might learn the meaning behind the markers and try to correctly indentify which party was the responsible party...ie: castillian spaniards and or jesuits....as each party had their own signs and symbols they favored either because it was or was not by decree of the king or had deep rooted meanings within the religious orginization....

I think we all stand the chance if in the southwest of running across spanish trail markers...and following the trail is 90 percent of the stated meaning behind the markers just like our modern highway signs we use today....however by the grace of god i have been lucky enough some how to stumble into 2 different mining sites...in two different states....and that last 10 percent of markers are the fun ones to figure out...

DW

DW
Shirley
Bronze Member

OfflineOffline

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 16, 2007, 08:42:43 AM »

Tayopa........Go ahead!!!! Even in Hallowed Halls a smooch is allowed.
Good to see you back, where have you been all of this time?
When ARE you going to finish your Morgan story? Do you realize we have taken root while waiting to hear it.

regards Shirley
Tags: Society of Jesus Black Robes Mining Code Jesuits sonora New Spain slavery slaves missions 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: