Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News:
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Diving Doc, Director, History Hunters, Introduction  (Read 1436 times)
Diving Doc
Platinum Member

Treasure is In books

View Profile WWW
« on: August 12, 2006, 02:53:59 PM »

I was born into a Navy family, the eldest of eight, and in the course of events my father was stationed at Coronado, California and Little Creek, Virginia. These bases figured prominently in Navy diving operations and I was in the water with mask and fins in 1955. In spite of attending 11 schools in 12 years I was fortunate to complete a Jesuit education in the Classics before enlisting myself. Much later, thanks to the Navy, I received my first degree from the University of Louisville. I have been reading history now for 20 years in pursuit of Early Navigation by the Spanish in the New World. I hope one day to publish my doctoral thesis on this study of early cartography.

Blue Ocean

Following graduation and completion of my Reserve time I moved to the Virgin Islands, where my father had once been stationed. During the next 30 years I chiefly supported my quest of Spanish history as a commercial diver and skipper. My Ship?s Master License is current, and on its sixth renewal. The Virgins are still ?home base? although in recent years a great deal of my time has been spent as an accredited researcher in the Archives of the UK, Spain, France, and the Spanish collections in the Libraries of Florida. In addition, I am a member of  the Nautical Archaeology Society, and the Hakluyt Society, to mention a few. My own expeditions, researches and finds brought me into association with notables in this field and their interest and subsidy has also funded my personal studies.

Diving off a wreck

I have a special affinity for the UK as my roots are Scot, my family being Sept to the Gunn and then to the Colquhoun. My namesake, my uncle Jim, was killed flying a Hurricane during the Battle of Britain. He is buried in a small churchyard in Wales along with other volunteers who came to Britain?s aid and made the ultimate sacrifice. My interest in aircraft archaeology needs no explanation.

My Bonny Owl in Scotland

My avocation and source of employment is chiefly the forensic investigation of history. I intend to employ this site as a means of sharing my knowledge and learning from others those pages of history still waiting to be printed.

Cheers,
Diving Doc

Solomon
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 04:47:05 PM »

I hope we learn more, here, of both your adventures and finds.

Sol
Bart
Platinum Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 05:12:35 AM »

I second Solomons wishes. You may be just the person I have been looking for Doc. In the past few years I have received some priveleged info regarding De Soto artifacts found in Fla. and Iowa, with the finders asking for help in regards to them. It is a sticky situation which may end up in court yet. 

Learning is a treasure which accompanies its owner everywhere.
Diving Doc
Platinum Member

Treasure is In books

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 05:29:02 AM »

Well, on that score I suggest you take the matter to .

In our past. Solomon and I have both suffered for placing personal integrity above personal gain. Good advice may be the best deal since it doesn't take precise information to arrive at a correct course of action. It does help to ask for guidance, you might receive exactly what you need.
Regards,
Doc

arany
Bronze Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 07:20:15 PM »

en el occidente de mexico, san blas nayarit, es un lugar magico, de donde salian los barcos para establecer las missiones de california, y arriba del pueblo en la colina, esta la fortaleza de la contaduria, de donde se domina toda la vista del puerto y la bahia de matachen, donde debe haber barcos hundios,.. en toda la zona hay vestigios coloniales y rutas antiguas de comunicacion,... luego mas tarde la costa fue usada por los piratas, ... hace muchos anos, conosi el cura de la iglesia vieja, y el si que tenia una buena coleccion de monedas y otros objetos coloniales, .. en unos dias voy a poner unos fotos en el sitio, pero tengo problema que la capasidad es muy limitada, hay que reducir la definicion,... saludos
Administration
Webmaster: History Hunters
Administrator
Gold Member

The Eyrie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 09:06:39 PM »

arany:
please use English - Babelfish

Yes, image size is limited here to 600 px across. Alternatively, attach the image using 'Additional Options', below.

Thank you.

Administration
Webmaster: History Hunters
Administrator
Gold Member

The Eyrie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 12:17:07 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/h4lXjmAb8zM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/h4lXjmAb8zM</a>
Doc and Moneypenny diving.

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: