Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
News:
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Our news feeds  (Read 101 times)
Description: We're becoming popular all over the 'net
Administration
Webmaster: History Hunters
Administrator
Gold Member

OfflineOffline

The Eyrie

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2007, 02:07:20 PM »

On our forum page, you will probably have noticed that the title of every board has this small image next to it:

If you are new to the usage of RSS news feeds, then the BBC has a good explanation here:
What are News Feeds?

This method has become a popular means of following the news on a subject of interest.

Today, I created this news page: Archaeological News - which uses a number of news feeds from other sites.

Many people use a news reader to gather news from online sources. Others, as we do here, use RSS feeds to populate their website with news.

Checking our visitors just now, I saw that many were not actually here, at this website, but were reading our news via the Google newsfeed system.

To encourage this, today I registered all our news feeds with all the major RSS directories. It is therefore likely that our content - our posts to the forum - will appear on websites all over the web.

This system does not breach our security. Those boards which are visible only to defined member groups will remain secure. (I have one all to myself, for recycling deleted posts: bet nobody but me will see it, ever.)

Tags:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: